Sunday, April 26, 2009

Viola Tricolor...?

Well... I bought a packet of viola tricolor seeds and the shop keeper only told me not to bury them under the compost but just throw them on top! Is this true? Will it grow? Are there other things I should know about watering it and about transplanting?


P.S. Please tell me about its properties--- full/a bit sun, few/many water..... 10pts for the quickest and best answer!!

Viola Tricolor...?
These are very easy to grow. I usually just rake them into the soil. Here is some specific information I found.


"Best sown where they are to flower in spring, or late summer/early autumn for overwintering. Sow 3mm (1/8in) deep in rows 30cm (12in) apart in well cultivated soil which has been raked to a fine tilth."


http://seeds.thompson-morgan.com/uk/en/p...





You can also do a Google search for "Viola cultivation"


No comments:

Post a Comment